Wednesday, August 24, 2005

And Trevor is doing better.

Ian Dury (of Ian Dury and the Blockheads) wrote a brilliant song called "Clevor Trevor." Ian Dury rocked bigtime, I saw him live and went to a back stage party after one of his shows. Late 1970s, Glasgow, Scotland. He died in 2004 of cancer. Sad. He's best known for "Hit Me With Your Rythm Stick" and "Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll."
Anyway.
Last week I got a phone message from Trevor....he'd been by my house and knocked & knocked. He was sure I was there because my vehicles were...was I mad at him? Did he do something wrong? If so, he said, please tell me.
Oops. Actually I haven't a clue why I didn't hear him....whatever. I called him right back and said no, of course not.
He was by last evening to do my lawn (a posh moniker for the smallish patch of weeds in front of my house.) His mother lost her car and they moved a bit further away. But he is, it seems, going to go stay with a friend's family and go to the Carman Ainsworth school. His scars look pretty faded. He acknowleged his home life is chaotic. He's looking forward to school, and is hoping to get chosen for some church sponsored junket to Australia, of all places. (He's never left Michigan.)
One doesn't know how much is teenage talk or what...but he seems fairly grounded. I'm not terribly familiar with how teenagers operate these days. Lots of angst and everything being new and important, I remember.
I have some work I need done around the house - like another portion of fence put up and a porch enclosure. I asked if he'd like to help me do it & I'd pay him by the hour...so that's cool.