Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So Carina, where do YOU shop?

My keen fashion sense and beautifully appointed home is an inspiration to so many. People are always asking me - "Carina, that is just fabulous, where did you buy that?"
So you little people want to be just like moi?
OK, I'll share.
In the photo above (taken Christmas morning at my friend Robbie's house. Must say I look particularly lovely. Can you believe she put that photo on her blog???)
Pajama bottoms from Old Navy. I love that store.
Freebie agility t-shirt from the Gem City agility and dog training club in Dayton, Ohio.
My gorgeous hat, scarf and gloves were a gift. Surely they came from Saks or Needless Markup?
No! Walmart! Really. Hard to believe, huh.
Underwear and bra - I was going commando there, just like Kate Moss.
I believe my eyewear was purchased at Rite-Aid.
Actually I have some Glamour Shot type photos someplace but they are really so not me. Not that the above one is really "me" either, haha! But it's more entertaining than frou frou shots.

Antique stores, garage sales and resale shoppes. (Resale Shoppe sounds better than "Goodwill store" doesn't it?) This was last Sunday in Fenton - great store, she welcomed the dog (and Charles) and had tons and tons of fun things including a porcelein Victorian bedpan for $15.00 that I almost bought - where I bought the following tasteful furnishings for my lovely home:

Enlarge this one by clicking on it! I may start collecting this guy's prints. Duane Bryers Hilda collection - absolutely fun full figured pinups, very popular in the 50s and 60s. Isn't it cool? You just can't buy this shit at tacky places like TJMaxx or Target, that's all Chinese crap anyhow.

A neat-o very old frame for one of the many prints and photos I have that need frames. $5.00, gotta love it.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff!

10:07 AM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Simply a delightful picture! ...the lady jumping over the fence that is. I wonder how he got her to pose. lol
Cooper looks great btw.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Margot said...

Hmmm, original, as the French say. All of it. :-)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing shopping tips. I do love thrift stores, different merchandise every time you go in. And Martha Stewart's shopping guides get so tedious.

1:50 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I love your 'get up'..ha...and the picture...I have a frame almost identical to yours and it got broke during the move...broke my heart too..I loved that frame..

11:24 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I call the resale shops...'the used shit stores'..

11:24 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Carina. . .

Wonderful ensemble my friend!! That's the sort of photo that people will drag out when they need something. . . LOL!!

Actually, I think that resale shop is in Dibbleville, the original town before it became Fenton (keep in mind I grew up in Linden and my Sis lives in Fenton). Regardless, it's a great little shop!!

HUGGSS!! to you and the critters!!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

Oh my god, too hilarious!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a pair of pajamas that I bought at a discount store in the mall for $10.00 that matches your gloves, hat and scarf! We should party. I do love the black frame.

Tabor

7:36 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

love the Hilda pics and site!

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home