Friday, April 14, 2006

Elvis and his pet bird. Aww. How cute.




Awww. Look. Elvis brought a new friend home. They hung out in the kitchen, playing and enjoying each other's company. His new friend is a baby pigeon. Isn't that cute? After a while the pigeon seemed to be getting tired, so I made them go back outside to play on the back deck. They are still out there, but the baby pigeon is taking a little nap now.

:(

I know. I know. I do not like that I have a cat who goes outside and kills things.
Although, it's much more socially acceptable if cats kill mice, than killing cute little baby birds, isn't it?
But, we encourage these little carnivores to live in our homes, and really, it's not surprising that they get tired of our attempts to mollify them with catnip and pretend fuzzy cat toys and cat food pellets in the shape of little fish. Pretty hard to override instinct.

Oh. My kitchen floor isn't really that dirty. Well OK, it is. It rained a lot yesterday, that's right by the back door and the Rottweilers track in tons of mud. Sometimes one just has to relax housekeeping standards...!

6 Comments:

Blogger animalfamily said...

it happens. i occasionally find dead bloated torn apart lizards in my house which grouses the hell out of me. cats will be cats.

elvis is adorable!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Yeah, that's one of the harsh cat realities of life -- they like to kill things when they get space and opportunity. I'm so relieved mine aren't outdoor cats! ;)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Heh. Most of the cats in my life have gone outside, I think it's a more fulfilling life for a cat (politically incorrect, I know.) I've had everything from snakes to bats to baby rabbits :( brought inside by former hunter-cats.
If I have a cat from a kitten, it'll be indoors, but Elvis was a stray; it's hard to keep such cats indoors 100% of the time!
My mother had a cat back in Scotland, who lived to be about 23 and never went to the vet in his life except to be neutered. He lived mostly outdoors by choice, and mostly ate what he caught.

5:18 AM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Elvis is beautiful. Our cats are outdoors too, and although they kill occasional birds, the rodent population suffers much worse...which is fine with me.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Wally Banners said...

lmao the pics are great, but the freaking floor. Put up a donate button and Ill send you some cash for a mop.:)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

LOL Wally, maybe I should put a paypal button on my blog so people can send me cleaning supplies!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home