Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What NOT to do at an agility trial.















Both of these obstacles are challenging, especially for big dogs.
The one on the left is the dog walk, and the dog is supposed to make contact with the dark purple "contact zone." Not turbo-leap right over it.....note my body language. I was doing everything I could think of to slow him down and pull him back, and probably hollering TOUCH! TOUCH! right there. For all the good it did.
The second one is a swinging plank, which wobbles all over when the dog steps on it. Really hard for large dogs, all four feet need to make contact. It's difficult for dogs to get used to this one. No, he is not supposed to be leaping off the side like that! As far as I know that's only encountered in UKC trials; AKC doesn't anything like that.
Sigh.
I'm going to post some photos of us doing the correct thing next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home