Saturday, April 29, 2006

RIP, Pierre the Betta.



Pierre is dead, and flushed down the loo.
Pierre was my red Betta fish. He was a real wimp when I brought him home about two years ago, but gained confidence and became quite brave. Eating live mosquito larvae all last summer really brought him out of his shell, probably because he got to hunt and kill things, the way Bettas do naturally.
Anyhow, I still have Achmed, who is even older than Pierre. And, I have an empty 2 gallon bowl and mini heater now....hmmmmm....maybe I should go Betta shopping. If you want to see some really awesome Bettas, check here.
But, I shall get a small aquarium for any more Bettas, I feel sorry for them, even in the 2 gallon bowls.

3 Comments:

Blogger threecollie said...

Sorry to read that you lost your betta. We usually have one or two, but right now we are without. I wanted to thank you for supporting my brother on his ride. That was very kind of you.
Also thanks for the link to the betta page. Wow! incredible fish!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Heh, thanks youse guys. I don't think Achmed will be lonely, they didn't see much of each other. I'd put the bowls side by side occasionally just to get them all het up and flaring.
Bettatalk is the ultimate Betta geek site, I guess. Dunno if I actually want to shell out $50 or more for a Betta, yikes.
Margot, no, I did not sing. Cute about your dad. My singing is so bad, he might have sprung back to life in shock, though! And found himself alarmed to be in my toilet, LOL.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

mudpuppy, seems Bettas (the kind you buy from pet stores, maybe better bred ones from a real fancier are hardier) live 1-3 years, so a year is probably within the range.
They can also jump out of tanks, so I'm guessing one of your cats had a little snack...!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home