Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In which Daphne gets her ass crated.



After saying she only flipped out every few months, that's what I came home to this afternoon. She ate the rest of the Dog Couch. She also ripped up a large cardboard box (I left it for her to rip up) and horked up breakfast by the back fdoor. Well someone did; I'm sure it was her getting overwrought, she does that.
I was gone 7 hours. Both dogs got about a mile walk each this morning, plus plenty of playtime in the back yard before I went to work.
Fuck. :(

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

oh dear. :-(

8:08 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

In the early 80s my ex and I had a Huskey like that. She would go berserk when left alone in the house. We finally gave her to someone who had lots of property to let her run and she became a pretty good dog. She just hated being cooped up for more than a few hours.

Bless your heart for being so patient with her.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Karen, oh dear is right....! That used to be a really nice little couch.

Lauren - I know seperation anxiety is not terribly uncommon, but what I don't get is Daphne can go months without doing this, then "goes off." Anyhow, I set up the big (Dane sized) crate in the bedroom and since she appears to be on a bit of a tear these days, that's where she goes when I leave for work. She doesn't mind being crated at all.

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it pretty much circumstantial evidence against Daphne? I mean if she could afford F. Lee Bailey....

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason she must feel better in her crate right now? Give her a hug from me.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that totally sucks! Diesel ripped up an entire futon mattress once. I couldn't even see the floor - it was everywhere.

I feel your pain.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home