Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bluebell Beach, early morning





I know, I may be going overboard with photos, now that I can download photos again!
This morning, I took Cooper up to Bluebell Beach at the county recreation area. It's about 5 miles from the house. It was about 8 am & there wasn't a soul there.
The advantage of living in a place where people barely get out and enjoy the outdoors and exercise, though apparently for many, running on a treadmill while staring at a television counts. If this was Colorado, there would be lots of people out there....lots of trails along the Flint River, a big pretty lake, deer and birds, green fragrant woods, playground, even bathrooms. All right by the city. So all you sluggy people, I guess it's OK that you stay inside and let me enjoy the outdoors!
Anyhow. So I had a nice ramble and Cooper got to run off leash.
On the way home, I saw a Beagle sniffing around by the I475 onramp. Yikes! So, I had to turn around...I parked on the shoulder, grabbed a leash and tried to get him to come to me. No go. He took off at a dead run through a high chainlink fence. Only two ways he could go. Up, traight onto the freeway. Or down into an industrial park. Because of all the underbrush, I couldn't see which direction he'd gone, and I couldn't get through the fence. Went around the overpass, no Beagle.
By now I'm terrified I have actually chased him to inevitable squishing on the freeway. I got in the truck and went up and down that stretch of I475. Thank doG, no stupid Beagles. Phew. Well, I did what I could.
Daphne is still limpy from dislocating her knee, so she hasn't had a walk for almost 3 weeks. Poor dog. She got a fresh marrow bone in the back yard to work on in lieu of a walk.
PS, the first photo is really good, Cooper looks airborne. I think you can click on it to get a full size image.