Saturday, July 29, 2006

The blue beastie and Elvis.



This is the blue beastie dogmobile. My little Saab wasn't cutting it as a dogmobile, the truck is always full of tools and ladders and paint shit. I bought this old DNR Jeep for $700. It's so basic it even has hand crank windows and you have to pull on a knob to turn the headlights on. How quaint is that, hey?
The speedo & odometer don't work, so I neither know how fast I'm driving or how many miles are on the thing. It has no CD player, though the guy I bought it from put big-ass speakers in the back, so I can listen to my three remaining cassettes very loud. (Human League, Best Of, Vivaldi's Four Seasons and U2 Rattle & Hum.) The guy I bought it from also put heavy duty front end parts and shocks, so I can go chase elephants in the swamps of Tanzania in it. It roars to life and runs beautifully, lots of room for both doggies, and crates, and hey I like Human League.
And the obligatory WOOF sticker of course, bling for my Jeep.






Elvis was under the Jeep toying with a field mousie. I checked, it was beyond saving and is now singing in the heavenly field mousie choir for eternity.

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie K said...

I like your blog but I would as its about your dogs!!

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, hand crank windows! It's hard to believe people even had arms back in the olden days of hand crank windows, huh?

7:22 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

poodlekiss, what a neat idea for a blog you have! I notice you have no Rotties there yet.... :)

Leigh-Anne, yes, no kidding! I reallyy don't LIKE power windows, I'm not sure why. I have a thing about it.
The jeep even has vinyl flooring, no carpet anyplace. I can practically hose out dog hair, mud and crumpled Starbucks coffee cups.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha...i love those old one's...i had an old mazada hatchback a long tym back :D

12:55 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Leon, there's something about old vehicles I like...! This is a '91.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I got tons of tapes. Shoot me your addy in an email and I'll send you some. They're mostly blues and rock, if you're interested.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Junebugg, really?? Wow, that is such a nice offer...!!!!! I just caught this & have to go to work, running way way late but I will email you later.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site Microsoft spyware adware scrabble blast code Chair sport wheel 50mg didrex hard scrabble farms north salem ny Cisco pix vpn same subnet logiciels gratuit de scrabble Cheap connection internet nebraska

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home