Monday, July 10, 2006

Meet Sven.




Remember when Pierre died a few months ago? I did get a replacement Betta - Sven. I decided to choose names from different countries for my Bettas, and this little guy gets a Nordic name.
Since naturally Bettas live in stagnant rainwater in elephant footprints and other depressions in the mud, they are probably happier with plenty of nice organic matter floating around their bowls. The bloodworm season is past, but we have mosquito larvae for them to eat for the rest of the summer. Along with their daily scoop of larvae, they get random dead bugs, leaf debris, Rottweiler hair and whatever else falls into my pond. Some of the visible debris there is skeeter larvae. They live all summer on my back porch.
Must be doing something right, Achmed is about four years old now and quite spritely for a senior fish!

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can't have fish, Rufus the cat thinks they're snacks!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Weirdly enough, my cat Elvis doesn't pay much attention. He is hell on field mice and moths though.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

My cat will watch my bettas from time to time and I have seen him drink out of the aquariums when I'm cleaning them but he doesn't seem the least bit interested in the fish.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Christie - that's your site? It's great, I just saved it for further reading. Thanks for checking out my plebian little Bettas!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» »

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... ultram without presciption Vauxhall vivaro seat covers Cheap calls to uganda from a bt landline Msnspy webcam barachello ferrari Malibu cruise control indicator light http://www.payrollnewslettersinemailmarketing.info/payperclick.html Eve online training certificates domain web hosting tamiflu distributors Domain host registration web tamiflu study Graven group phone 95073 lasik wilkes-barre Liability small business insurance pla

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home