Monday, July 03, 2006

Bosco and the Sunday papers.

I know I've written about Bosco before - the Rottweiler finding the penis.
Here's another cute Bosco story.
His entire life, he used to go out early morning and pick up the newspaper. I had it thrown in the back yard so he could get it without scaring the crap out of the neighbors. IEven after I discovered computers and started reading the paper online, I still had it delivered, just for him. He got quite distressed if it was late or missing and would sadly bring me a twig, or piece of trash - guess he figured even if he couldn't do his job properly, by doG he'd do something similar.
One Sunday morning, he didn't come right back in with the paper as usual. After a little bit I looked out - oops! Back gate stood wide open, no Bosco. I ran in and pulled on some clothes (a naked me would scare the crap out of the neighbors even more than my dog would) and opened the front door.
And there were six Sunday papers on the doormat. Six. And there was Bosco coming up the drive, wiggling with Rottweiler pride, with a seventh paper.
Well, of course. He figured if I was happy with just ONE Sunday paper, how happy would I be with LOTS of them! If bringing in one paper was doing a good job - why, bringing in seven of them must be, well, seven times better! That silly dog saw a glorious opportunity to do an extra special good job when he saw the back gate open. He trucked up and down the street, collecting the Denver Post from all the neighbors' front yards. To a dog, this made perfect sense...
Jeez, I still miss that dog, you know?

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

happy 4th of july...

...geta *bang* outa it!!

12:51 AM  
Blogger threecollie said...

Oh, dear, I must thank you for my early morning laugh (with tears streaming down my face....from laughing so hard). What a wonderful, wonderful dog he must have been!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastically smart dog.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Thanks you guys - Bosco was just a winner of a dog!
I hope y'all are having a wonderful July 4th.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

It's so sad that our animal friends lives such shorter lives than we do. When you get a good one.......you'd like to keep them around forever. I'm thinking about getting my girlies a cat for x-mas. I rent the house I live in and we are not supposed to have pets, but I've been living here for 2 years and the landlord has never come over without callling, so I think I could get away with it. But it would be embarssing if I were caught! Since we are so busy, a cat instead of a dog. (Maybe 2!)

11:33 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Diana, I've come to look at it as a chance to own more animals - even to give ones that really need homes a chance at a good life. Otherwise it's too sad. :(
I've had some excellent cats, too - I say sneak one in! As long as a cat keeps its toilet habits to the litter box, there's really no harm to your landlord's property.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

My thoughts exactly. My daughter and I have already decided on the name.....Twinkle Toes!

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great dog story. Who says dogs can't do inductive and deductive reasoning to please their human.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... philippe stein watches seiko watch faces wrist watches with blank dials Helmet headset cobra Blood pressure and acetominophen Cheap sexy swimsuits http://www.renaultdauphine.info/1997-f-150-floor-mats.html Watch my girlfriend http://www.discount-laptop-0.info 2002 chevy cavalier cruise control Mk v tv add Dosages for nexium Www.pre teens xxx Linux open source software available Broadband control ground internet satellite 4 mega pixel camcorder pictures of the black watch regimental band analog decimal stop watch industrial

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home