Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A very, very nervous Chihuahua.


It's been a long day & I can't think of anything substantive, witty or pithy or anything. I admire those of y'all who have serious, thoughtful blogs! Thank you - I enjoy them. Mine are sort of Blog-lite.
Anyway, this is my Rottweiler Cooper (95?100? lbs) and a rather apprehensive 3.5lb Chihuahua named Mikey. Note owner hands at the margins of the photo; Mikey's human was pretty apprehensive too, can't say I blame her.
Like many big dogs, Cooper is extremely tolerant of little ones and I'm 99.99% sure he wouldn't harm even an obnoxious bitey one. Although he will appropriately put an uppity small dog or puppy to the ground and roar cusswords to teach proper respect. He likes little dogs and gets all wiggly and happy when he sees the little Pomeranians we do agility classes with. They jump all over his head and yap, he appears to really like this. There's a little Jack Russel we meet sometimes in a park, if there's no other dogs around they play, it's really cute. The first time the JRT met him, being a JRT, it attacked. Was hanging by his teeth off Coop's cheek at one point. Coop just shook him off, they had a few words and have played like crazy things ever since.
I really really want a little purse-sized dog! Cooper wants me to get a little bitty dog.
Unfortunately Daphne the Retardo-Rott Does Not Play Well With Others and would, I am pretty sure, kill a small dog. Daphne is the cross I am bearing this decade. Sigh.
Just to clear up misconceptions & stereotypes about Rottweilers: Daphne is not one bit people-aggressive, she is very submissive and sweet with people.

5 Comments:

Blogger threecollie said...

Oh, I just love that picture!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Thanks! Someone (Hi May) just said "Oh look, Cooper sneezed and look what came out!" LOL.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

You can get a little dog and buy it a jeweled collar and be like Paris Hilton. Hehe!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Oh yah, I look just like her too, hahahaha.
Funny, I just popped in to do a collar post!

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable. It's hard to believe they are the same species and descended from the same animal. But they have so much in common when you think about it.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home