Thursday, August 10, 2006

Daphne gets attention too.




I post more photos of Cooper, because he is way more photogenic, plus I get good pics from the professional photographers at agility trials.
Daphne gets walks and attention too, though! Took these last night walking along the creek at the park by my house.
I tried obedience and agility classes with her, but she is so poorly wired and easily stressed. She was a stress-mess during each class and wanted to kill the little dogs. Seriously, I think she would.
Crowds - even tiny ones - and new situations make her terribly anxious. I've tried her on Prozac (yes, it can be prescribed for dogs) and Clomicalm (anti-anxiety med specifically for dogs) in the past. The Prozac was ineffective, the Clomicalm made her nervous and sleepy. Best just to keep her to situations she is comfortable with. I don't know how old she is, she was a ghetto dog from the shelter and is getting white hairs on her chin now. Maybe about six, I've had her 4 1/2 years.

9 Comments:

Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

Wow! You know so much about dogs. I think you know more about dogs than I do about my kids!

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah she looks like she is having fun. Glad her leg is doing better. Oh and hey is that a stick in the water that looks like it could be hanging from her tongue :)

8:59 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

your a good master..she looks happy and content..good for you..

1:03 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Thanks you guys! I'm glad that even though I live in a nasty part of the city, there's some great parks and two rivers within a mile of me....
Rachelle, I think that was a bit of river-weed or something, I enlarged the picture.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

Those Tevas look godly - are they comfortable? I got my tunnel at ntiglobal.com - over the years I've ordered a few from them and sold them as I moved and then kicked myself for selling them. This will be my fourth tunnel from them and I've been super pleased with all of them!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Wow, lookit all those tunnel colors! Hmmm. I'm cheap and I wouldn't put one to heavy use....I may see if I can find a cheaper one on eBay but I saved the link, thanks! Under $200 doesn't seem bad for a 20' tunnel, though.
Yes, these Tevas are super comfy even if they make my feet look humungous. They have a fun website (photos of Teva tans too!) where you can check out the styles and retailers.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

I've had the cheap ones, and to be honest, you're better off going with an expensive one. Lasts forever, and your dog can't bank off the cheap ones and so they lose a lot of speed going through tunnels, even in competition, because they've learned not to bank on the sides.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Ahhh. Good point, hadn't thought of that!
I shall probably buy one, then. Just have to decide which color....

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Green grass, cool water -- very nice photos of a relaxing summer day. My equivalent of those pics could only be a shot of the shih-tzu with her head in front of the air conditioner!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home