Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cute little toads.




I should look these up, don't know what kind they are - they were sunning themselves on the outside of a house I was painting today. One was up on a second story windowsill. How on earth did he get up there?
The other one was really tiny - compare it to the size of the screw in the blue shutter.

I think threecollie identified my critter. Thanks! You also told me what my house centipede was when I thought it was an interesting little space alien in my bathroom.
It is most likely a Gray Tree Frog - I thought it was a toad because the skin was fairly rough and warty. The little one is a male; the big one a female. Looking through various frog and toad sites, this is the closest match.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look almost like grey tree frogs, but not exactly. Of course the darned things change color at the drop of a hat so it is hard to tell.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

threecollie, I wondered if they were the same type of toad (or frog; I can never remember how to tell) but at different stages, or genders, or changing coloration due to where they were.
Must. Go. Google.

5:32 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

what ever they are..they are cute...i have the little porch lizards.geckko's i think..all over the porch..and they get in the house..and freak out jamie my granddaughter..she says doesnt that scare you to think they might get in bed with you? said i doubt they would do that and they eat all the bugs so they are welcome...could use a frog or two also..

4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'll bet that window has a light on every night until late. That frog is up there where the bugs are batting against the screen, getting a feast!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

how cool are those pictures! I love to see the pics you post up here!

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home