Monday, September 18, 2006

Wild critter care



A little over a year ago I visited with a federally licensed wildlife rehabilitator. I wrote about it (at the time I was doing some regular reporting for a local news monthly magazine) and since I've been ignoring my blog, thought I'd repost it here.

She is an interesting woman, and someone I know a little through dog classes has also become a licensed rehabber. If I had a: time and b: did not have dogs who think most wild animals are food, it's something I'd consider too.
Here's a link to finding local rehabbers.

5 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

good to know..will keep that in mind the next time that pesky opossum comes visitin me...and that family of skunks..

3:43 PM  
Blogger Semavi Lady said...

Speaking of critter care, you asked about the traditional food that Turks fed to their dogs. If you have more to add, please do. My friend has blogged it at her blog.

If you are in touch with any Turks that still feed like this, please share any trivia you have over there in comment - Thanks! :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Thank you, Janice!! I am not in touch with anyone over there (I think my mother is though.)
Off to check that blog. :)

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd LOVE to be a rehabber, but they aren't allowed here in Nevada. There are wild bird rehabbers, but that's it. My dream was always to rehab bats, then I found out I live in a state where we're not allowed to help.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has she tried to get funding from govt. source. We have a county wildlife center that is rather well endowed and many volunteers.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home