Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A cup of Pug.



This was in an email, animated. Let's see if the animation works here.

Darn, it doesn't. The Pug sticks out her tongue and gives the middle finger salute. Well, pretty silly but I'll leave the photo up because it's just darn cute.
I have never met a Pug I didn't like, but honestly I find them so aesthetically unpleasing I don't think I'd ever deliberately go out and get one. The buggy eyes creep me out a bit, for one thing! Is it wrong to prefer one type of dog over another just because of looks? Actually, I've had a couple of fairly unattractive dogs in the past that of course I just adored because I knew them.
There was a Pug at last weekend's agility trial, it was pretty funny to watch, and she did quite well too.
Speaking of which, we had a good trial weekend, had fun, got some ribbons, and I am feeling very good about our progress in general. I love this dog and of course he is extremely handsome! That's not just my bias. People comment on it all the time and he gets his photo taken a lot.

A helpful anonymous commenter informed me that if you left click on the picture, the animation shows up.
So do that if you really want to see a Pug sticking out its tongue and giving you the finger....!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What only extremly handsome. Cooper is the most handsome Rottie alive on the planet today. :)

7:08 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

my daddy used to have palms and pugs both...i have always had big dogs and couldnt get used to those little snorting dogs..and his one pug oscar was so jealous of me, he would either chew up anything of mine or he would pee on it...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

Wade tried to bet me on dog breeds one day (stupid idea). My neighbor has an EXTREMELY overweight pug. Wade said it was an English Bulldog. I told him it was a pug. I got $20 :-) Silly man....

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It works. :) Left click on the picture.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

We initially choose on superficial things such as looks, but what keeps us coming back for more or bonding is personality. dogs or people....or so that is what the folks at psychology today say! So, I guess Cooper has it goin' on, he's got both!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd never seen a pug up close until I moved to San Francisco, and the guys upstairs from us had two elderly, decrepit pugs which were overweight and covered in odd growths :p The dogs were treated well, they were just old and cancerous and crotchety, and it didn't help me grow to love the breed. However, a couple of years ago I read a discount book about a pug ("Clara: The Story of the Pug Who Ruled My Life"), and I just loved it. I now feel I could open my home to a pug -- one with a personality and no dangling growths.

4:20 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

Diana - I long ago decided that aesthetic considerations are quite valid; and yes - Cooper's got it goin' on!

Leigh-Ann, I could open my home to a Pug but only if I decided not to let its looks be a factor! I've liked all the ones I've met.

Francis; I had a French Bulldog foster dog once. Bulldogs can't even give birth naturally because they are so deformed - to knowingly develop a breed like that is just....wrong.

7:34 PM  
Blogger PupSquadFoster said...

I have 2 pugs. Love da pugs

5:47 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

My neighbor has a pug-chi mix that is just adorable. Her nose is stubby but not wrinkled in, and her personality is too cute!

I like the pug personality; I've not met a mean one yet (although I'm told they are out there.)

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home