Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dobermans at the fashion show.


I can't believe I had a 12 hour day at an agility trial (counting an hour drive each way), then came home, put on Actual Makeup and some mildly floofy clothes and went to a fashion show at the Red Ink Studio.
Actually, I was there as assistant Doberman wrangler. My friend Martha has two lovely Dobes. Rueben (who I would steal if I could, he is just about the perfect dog) was to wear real feather angel wings and get walked down the runway by a model. Well, the wings wouldn't stay on, so he got walked down the runway sans wings by a rather delectable male model.


I couldn't get any good runway shots, but here's the model holding both dogs. I love how the eyes turned out! I'm a lousy photographer. If you click on the photo for a larger view, you'll see the model's eyes are glowing red.

Her other dog Rachael came along for the experience. Both dogs were very well behaved, despite the crazy atmosphere and all the attention they got!
I got to take home the t-shirt the delectable model was wearing, it's great. Martha got a brand new t-shirt for being the supplier of the fashionista Dobe.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how the eyes make them all look evil.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

graet dane addict - both the dogs and the model are very sweet, despite the evil eyes!

Margot, I offered to run back to the house and pick up Cooper's tracking harness to make the wings work but we didn't have time. Red Ink is neat, I went there for the grand opening. It's across from the farmers' market and about a mile from my house.

6:16 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i bet those dogs were pissed...i have never owned a doberman...had a great dane once..i loved him soo much..but yard too small for him..

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jill Bryant said...

The eyes are the best - even the models eyes being red is good....

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home