Friday, March 02, 2007

Aced the trial!

Both days. Cooper took first place both Thursday and Friday (scores 190, 187.5.)
My dog rocks. :) One more Q and he gets his CD title. Which isn't that big a deal really, but I will be glad to have acheived it.
And, I should probably read the rule book....holy moly those judges can be particular and precise...but certainly we can do much, much better if I pull my weight, haha.
Still, not bad for a first try!

Did I mention this was a Collie specialty and so my ragamuffin dog was surrounded by these insanely well groomed, chalked and glossy creatures. Thursday's judge was jokingly calling Cooper a junkyard dog. Oh har har. Today's judge asked me if he was ILP'd - I was warned AKC people could get snobby and my dog's heritage may be questioned.
So poo on them...actually I met some really nice helpful people and while it's not nearly as fun as agility, we had a good time and I'm looking forward to our next obedience trial!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

YEAH!!! Congrats!!! That rocks for your first obedience trial! Lots of rubs and ear scratches for Cooper.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Woohoo! BIG congrats! Awesome scores, too! Yes, the judges can be *extremely* precise (and get even more picky at the upper levels) but they can be helpful, too. Don't be afraid to ask where you lost points or why, if you don't know. It can only help you later. Big hugs to Cooper, too - good dog!!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

At least your dog isn't a hemophiliac! (Does this make sense?)

10:15 PM  
Blogger carina said...

Rachel, thank you! (PS, you need to update your blog, hint hint girlie.)

Caroline - thanks! I should have read the rule book, haha. Can't wait for our third leg - I'll do MUCH better.

Ah the inscrutible Diana. Ummm, no. :) Now you've got me curious, though...

8:33 AM  
Blogger BBC said...

Dogs think that you are God.

My cats think that they are God.

They like to F*** with God.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Rossi2009 said...

Congrats! We chased a UKC CD for a while and then decided we hated obedience!! We're agility junkies all the way! I may try it again in the future with Derby, though I doubt he'd let a judge touch him for the stand for exam!!!

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is great. And poo on the judges. Their heritage probably isn't so great either.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

Well, what I meant was that dogs who are too interbred have problems like hemophilia so even if your dog isn't as pure he doesn't have little genetic defects.

10:50 PM  
Blogger carina said...

Ah! Got it, Diana. Actually, Cooper comes from an impeccable, carefully researched breeding and a rather prestigious kennel name (look at how many Evrmor Rottweilers were entered at Westminster!) His long coat is a recessive gene, and one of those "things that can happen."
Wait, I'm going to post about this.

6:24 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

of course he won...he's the Cooper..he rocks....good for Cooper and you...

2:40 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

My dog rocks

Yes he does!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home