Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cow, evolution, Great Dane, Jesus on the dog door.


This is a highland cow in the snow.




This is Duncan. This is Duncan's story.

Did you know that our National Park Service rangers are not allowed to tell you how old the Grand Canyon is?
In order to avoid offending religious fundamentalists, our National Park Service is under orders to suspend its belief in geology.

Story here.
However, they must carry a book in the Grand Canyon gift shop telling you that the Grand Canyon was formed by Noah's flood.
Actually I thought the biblical flood - there was a huge flood - was pretty much documented in Turkey, with the Ark's final resting place on Mt Ararat.

In more religious whacko news, Donosaurs and humans lived happily together and you can see proof of this in the biblicaly correct creation museum in Kentucky.
So T Rex chased Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden. Who knew? And why are there no mentions of dinosaurs in the Bible? Plenty of talk of donkeys and dogs and birds.
Things that make you go hmmmmm. I'm guessing that the people who are putting this museum together don't really believe the premise. Rather it's a way to make money (not that there's anything wrong with that) off scientifically naive people ignoring the findings of geology and paleontology and biology because it's just, I dunno, easier to believe that some Supreme Being snapped its fingers and taa daa there we were. Because those science classes are so difficult, why bother?

One more religious whacko item coutesy of the Boomer Chronicles.
Image of Jesus on Doggie Door saves dogs from almost certain death.

Hopefully Jesus suggested dog training classes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

WOW!! It's very hard to look at those pictures of Duncan. I hope the person responsible was punished accordingly. It's nice to know he is now in better hands and doing so well.

I won't even get started on why I have a problem with the whole Grand Canyon thing. "Christians" really piss me off. Maybe once George is gone, we can get back to reality in this country. . . We can only hope. . .

Laterz!

9:12 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

uh...what behind blue eyes said..
i think the picture of jesus looks like al pacino when he played serpico...

1:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I shouldn't tell those "doggie door people" that we have an almost identical image on our doggie door flap. I considering trying to sell it on eBay, but I felt badly trying to trick people into buying something that was just dirt and grease. It won't surprise me if someone else's flap shows up for sale, though.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm with them on the science classes are so difficult aspect of things. Hummm...maybe if I became a regligious nut I could drop Chemistry. Boy religion does make your life easier. :-)

The Grand Canyon thing really upsets me though. Science (not religion) tells us how old it is. And I hate that they have found a way to ban science, yet allow regligion. It really pisses me off.

3:36 PM  
Blogger daydreamer said...

Poor little Duncan.. How any one can miss treat a dog is beyond me.. & Ticks me off... Just glad he's getting better.. Poor little baby..

3:44 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

And just to clarify....nuttin' wrong with having religious beliefs and faith, go for it.
But for the federal government to cave in to it? I find that disturbing.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, umm that pic of that Great Dane? You know my most favoritest breed? REAL GROSS. I have to go barf now. How sad.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home