Thursday, December 14, 2006

State Mottos (not official).

A while back, Jill thought of matching up dog breeds with flowers. I thought this list of state mottos was hysterical, so I assigned breeds to each state.

Alabama: Hell Yeah, We Have Electricity Treeing Feist
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Alaska : 11,623 Eskimos Can't Be Wrong! Malamute
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Arizona : But It's A Dry Heat Chihuahua.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Arkansas : Literacy Ain't Everything Redbone Coohhound.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
California : By 30, Our Women Have More Plastic Than Your Honda AMBOR.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Colorado : If You Don't Ski, Don't Bother Flatcoat Retriever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Connecticut : Like Massachusetts , Only The Kennedy's Don't Own It Yet Italian Greyhound.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Delaware : We Really Do Like The Chemicals In Our Water Chinese Crested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Florida : Ask Us About Our Grandkids Toy poodle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Georgia : We Put The "Fun" In Fundamentalist Extremism Cur
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Hawaii : Haka Tiki Mou Sha'ami Leeki Toru (Death To Mainland Scum, Leave Your Money) Hawaiian Poi Dog
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Idaho : More Than Just Potatoes ...Well OK, We're Not, But The Potatoes Are Real Good
Affenpinscher
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Illinois : Please Don't Pronounce the "S" German Shepherd
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Indiana : 2 Billion Years Tidal Wave Free Maltese
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Iowa : We Do Amazing Things With Corn Golden Retriever
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Kansas : First Of The Rectangle States Greyhound
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Kentucky : Five Million People; Fifteen Last Names Beagle
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Louisiana : We're Not ALL Drunk Cajun Wackos, But That's Our Tourism Campaign Pitbull
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Maine : We're Really Cold, But We Have Cheap Lobster Norwegian Elkhound
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Mary land : If You Can Dream It, We Can Tax It Samoyed
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Massachusetts : Our Taxes Are Lower Than Sweden 's (For Most Tax Brackets) Boston Terrier
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Michigan : First Line Of Defense From The Canadians Rottweiler
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Minnesota : 10,000 Lakes... And 10,000,000,000, 000 Mosquitoes Malamute
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Mississippi : Come And Feel Better About Your Own State Cocker Spaniel
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Missouri : Your Federal Flood Relief Tax Dollars At Work Fila Brasiliero
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
Montana : Land Of The Big Sky , The Unabomber, Right-wing Crazies, and Little Else Wolf hybrid
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Nebraska : Ask About Our State Motto Contest Border Collie
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Nevada : Hookers and Poker! English Bull Terrier
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
New Hampshire : Go Away And Leave Us Alone Lurcher
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
New Jersey : You Want A ##$%##! Motto? I Got Yer ##$%##! Motto Right Here! Bulldog
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
New Mexico : Lizards Make Excellent Pets Whippet
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
New York : You Have The Right To Remain Silent, You Have The Right To an Attorney Pomeranian
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
North Carolina : Tobacco Is A Vegetable Briard
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
North Dakota : We Really Are One Of The 50 States! Siberian Husky
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Ohio : At Least We're Not Michigan Sheltie
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Oklahoma : Like The Play, Only No Singing English Pointer
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Oregon : Spotted Owl... It's What's For Dinner Amstaff
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Pennsylvania : Cook With Coal Bouvier
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Rhode Island : We're Not REALLY An Island Doberman
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~
South Carolina : Remember The Civil War? We Didn't Actually Surrender Rat terrier
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
South Dakota : Closer Than North Dakota Dachshund
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Tennessee : The Educashun State Treeing Walker
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Texas : Si' Hablo Ing'les (Yes, I Speak English) Minpin
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
Utah : Our Jesus Is Better Than Your Jesus Bloodhound
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Vermont : Yep Basenji
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Virginia : Who Says Government Stiffs And Slackjaw Yokels Don't Mix? Bluetick
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~
Washington : Help! We're Overrun By Nerds And Slackers! Malinois
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Washington , D.C. : Wanna Be Mayor? Bedlington Terrier
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
West Virginia : One Big Happy Family... Really! Vizsla
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
Wisconsin : Come Cut The Cheese Great Dane
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
Wyoming : Where Men Are Men .. And The Sheep Are Nervous! Labrador Retriever

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. What is the AMBOR?
And shouldn't Georgia be a Yella Cur?

(Jenn - whose Blogger account is not working, thank you, Google.)

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, soooo, no Great Dane at all!? And I'm soooo offended that you think the Bichon should be Wisconsin's state dog. BLECH!

No offense to anyone who owns a Bichon of course. They're just too small and poooooofy for me.
:)

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny. But I always say...Wyoming, where men are men and sheep are hopeful.

BBE-I finally figured out how to get into your blog again. (And I echo...stupid google!)

4:39 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Hi Jenn! Bummer, you have Beta? I'm waiting until every bug is worked out. AMBOR is mutt: American Mixed Breed Obedience Registry. Except it's not limited to obedience any more.

Wisconsin now has a Great Dane as the oficial state dog! What was I thinking.

Hi anonymous. ;)~ Naughty Malboro men, huh.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

No, I'm not on Beta. They are just all mucked up in the transition. I'm waiting for all of it to get ironed out before I move anything. Meanwhile, sometimes I can get logged in, sometimes I can't. V. frustrating!

AMBOR! That's my Bailey!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good ones. lol

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent list. I giggled my way through and thought they were very thoughtfull chosen.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hell Yeah, we Alabama folks are fiesty!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Overtime and a head cold make for a shitty Junebugg

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I went to the humane society and picked out a kitty today. She's eight months old and a calico. I wanted a younger one, but they didn't have one, and they scratch so much, don't know if it would be good for the 3 year old. So, I lied on my application and told them I owned my house. If you tell them that you rent, they call your landlord. I hope they won't find out that I am lying. Do you think that they could find out? It would be embarassing, plus I like the kitty. So, I'll probably find out tomorrow. She's so pretty!

Diana

11:15 PM  
Blogger daydreamer said...

Great List.. Love the Jersey one, seeing it's the place where I was born.. lol.. & the WV one, Well omg I laughed so hard.. Seeing how I live there..

3:02 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

You've been christmas tagged !!
checkout my blog ya.
Snickers

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jill Bryant said...

Yikes - I've just been trying to leave comments and blogger beta is fighting me (yes - I transferred over....now I'm feeling the fool.)

Anyway - I love this list. It works perfectly. I think EVERYTHING should be thought of in terms of dogs! :)

2:59 AM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

damn..your going to get me tossed out of the library yet..all this giggling...

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dachshund I owned in Albuquerque would like to edit the motto for New Mexico. Instead of "New Mexico : Lizards Make Excellent Pets", it should read, "New Mexico: Lizards Don't Taste Very Good". She took a chomp out of one once and I think it was horribly bitter -- she never did that again.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home