Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's a cake. No, really.



Yesterday was Larry's 69th birthday (yes, jokes were made - in a store full of guys you can't utter the words "sixty nine" without jokes being made) - he owns the paint store I use most often. Someone had made him a big-ass cake - spice cake with cream cheese frosting, very tasty. I had two pieces.
It reminded me of kitty-litter box cakes. I've never made or even seen one in real life. Which is fine by me actually, although it would probably taste good.
Here's the recipe. The photo above is courtesy of kidcuisine.com; there's a recipe there also.

11 Comments:

Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i hope when i turn 69 someone will offer me one..

i love that cake...what a great idea...

2:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

ewwwwwwwwwww! That's a cake... well, it looks like, ah, like, well, you know!! {grin}

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever idea. Perfect for diabetics or those on a diet maybe.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

It might taste good, but I'd never know because I couldn't bring myself to try.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going on a diet, I'm telling you. lol

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was me there, not anonymous, don't know what is up with blogger today

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been familiar with this recipe for years, I've seen numerous photos of this concoction, but never before has one looked so ghastly and authentic :) I feel a little bit queasy...

5:47 AM  
Blogger Thao said...

I have two cats and I clean the litter box. Don't know if I could bring myself to eat a litterbox cake. Clever idea.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like you, I've seen pics but never tried to make one. I know a person or two I'd like to try one out on though.........

2:33 PM  
Blogger Behind Blue Eyes said...

EEEEEWWWWWW!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never saw such a cake! Are you sure it is really cake???? Pretty gross.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home