Monday, October 09, 2006

New front deck and stray cats.



This is a photo of my new front deck; the guy did it last week. Big improvement!
And those are two of the stray cats I feed. The black one is one of two tomcats I can't tell apart; I think they are brothers. So, I call them the Black Brothers.
The other one I call Annie - check jackie sue's Sept 23 post about her new cat, also called Annie after Ann Richards. "My" Annie is short for Annoying. She has taken up residence around my house (well duh, I am putting out food) and comes running up meowing and weaving around my legs every time she sees me. Very sweet and talkative cat. Anyone want her?
According to some neighbor kids, her name is actually Sassy. She was a kitten and some people a block down had her, but put her outside when she got fleas. "Do they feed her?" I asked. No, they said, they used to but not any more. Poor little cat; she really wants to come inside and is very affectionate. I do not want another cat, though. I even put Revolution flea treatment on her. Talked to my vet - he says they often have people looking for cats, so I will get a good photo of her and put a flyer in his office. I'll even spring for spaying her.
The other two cats are all pretty wild and probably don't want to be owned.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is very pretty. Wish we didn't live half a country apart.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Carina said...

She'd love rural New York, too....
She's a very sweet cat, for sure.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stray cats that have been socialized have a way of taking over someone's life. I'm speaking from experience.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Jan, just you stop that! I don't WANT more cats, I just want the hungry ones to get enough to eat....

9:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

love your new deck!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jill Bryant said...

Once again, I return to my fervent prayer that we all are reincarnated with the lives of our pets....and those people who put the cat out...well, I hope they enjoy their fleas.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home